Motorcycle Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Motorcycle Forum

Welcome & Enjoy Yamaha Kawasaki BMW Honda Suzuki Ducati KTM

Latest topics

» When the first Whirlpool Duet album was released in December 2001
A question riding a motorbike in the rain EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 5:56 pm by Guest

» FFS THIS IS A BIKER FORUM
A question riding a motorbike in the rain EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 4:24 pm by scorps

» WJ , , , , , , , ,
A question riding a motorbike in the rain EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 7:05 am by Jaeger

» Thieving f*ck*r Jaeger
A question riding a motorbike in the rain EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 1:26 pm by Jaeger

» A New Standby forum for us
A question riding a motorbike in the rain EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:40 pm by Jaeger

» Thanks all for your time and effort.
A question riding a motorbike in the rain EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 12:46 am by weasel64

» well done that man
A question riding a motorbike in the rain EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 5:01 am by Binky

» HAS WHACKJONNY DESERTED THE SINKING SHIP????
A question riding a motorbike in the rain EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:28 am by Binky

» Wackjonny Birthday Wishes
A question riding a motorbike in the rain EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:30 am by Binky

» Norton .......Two brothers restore their father's motorbike and surprise him.
A question riding a motorbike in the rain EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 12:39 pm by weasel64

» FUNKIN WING WONG
A question riding a motorbike in the rain EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 2:01 am by Binky

» HEY GIRLS ! WANNA SEE A PUPPY? THEN COME OVER TOO MY PLACE ( dirty snigger)
A question riding a motorbike in the rain EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 2:26 pm by shaunthesheep

» CHATTING BIRDS UP ON HERE
A question riding a motorbike in the rain EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 2:22 pm by shaunthesheep

» I am losing the plot
A question riding a motorbike in the rain EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 3:49 am by Jaeger

» WELL BUGGER ME BACKWARDS !!!!!!!
A question riding a motorbike in the rain EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 10:36 am by shaunthesheep

» HEY YA FAT C**T
A question riding a motorbike in the rain EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 5:22 am by wackjonny

» hey STS let me know
A question riding a motorbike in the rain EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 4:36 am by Binky

» how to make a fortune
A question riding a motorbike in the rain EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 5:35 am by Binky

» pets names
A question riding a motorbike in the rain EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 5:30 am by Binky

» cracking race
A question riding a motorbike in the rain EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 3:31 am by Binky

Navigation

motorcycle news

Welcome to Motorcycle Newbies, The Biker Forum

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+4
mickster1
wackjonny
Jaeger
zx10bazza
8 posters

A question riding a motorbike in the rain

zx10bazza
    zx10bazza
    CBT Wobbler
    CBT Wobbler

Attitude : -1

A question riding a motorbike in the rain Empty A question riding a motorbike in the rain

Post  zx10bazza Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:07 am

I was just wondering if anyone is confident with wet weather lean angles (particularly round traffic islands).

I am very cautious with angles and throttle around wet islands and slow bends in the wet. Does anyone lean the bike over much in the wet? Obviously i'm aware of fuel spills etc, but will the tyres take it or am I likely to bin it? Is it best to keep the bike as upright as possible?

I am fairly confident on a dry road when doing it, but feel very wary of grip levels in the wet - particularly with the weight transfer to the outside of the tyre.
    Biker
    Jaeger
    Jaeger
    CBT Wobbler
    CBT Wobbler

Attitude : 3

A question riding a motorbike in the rain Empty Re: A question riding a motorbike in the rain

Post  Jaeger Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:14 am

Pretty much the same as you in the wet m8.

Suppose it all depends on tyre type, experience/abillities and the confidence in both of those.

Yes sir
    wackjonny
    wackjonny
    4 Lids,VIP Member!
    4 Lids,VIP Member!

Attitude : 2

A question riding a motorbike in the rain Empty Honest Answer

Post  wackjonny Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:22 am

I don't ride in the wet if I can help it...........unless I go to a track and take wet tyres then I don't mind.

I use METZLER RACE TECH'S Tyres.....they are about as close as you can get road legal road tyres and in the wet you gonna come off.

Don't get me wrong I do like riding in the wet if you have the right tyres,I also think riding in the wet make you a better rider.

Idea
    mickster1
    mickster1
    CBT Wobbler
    CBT Wobbler

Attitude : 3

A question riding a motorbike in the rain Empty Re: A question riding a motorbike in the rain

Post  mickster1 Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:46 pm

tricky one this , firstly you have to trust your tyres i use pilot power 2ct and there great wet or dry but generaly in the wet i try to use my substantial bodyweight rather than lean right over moon
    firestormmike2342
    firestormmike2342
    CBT Wobbler
    CBT Wobbler

Post  firestormmike2342 Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:24 am

I turn my head side to side so the rain blows off the visor. To deal with the water, I wear a set of Frogg Toggs; a good rain suit is very good to have. I also wear earplugs to keep out wind noise. The biggest nuisance is that the blackish area in front of stoplights gets very, very slick. The rest of the pavement isn't too bad.
    shaunthesheep
    shaunthesheep
    Most Valued Member
    Most Valued Member

Attitude : 1

Post  shaunthesheep Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:55 am

zx10bazza wrote:I was just wondering if anyone is confident with wet weather lean angles (particularly round traffic islands).

I am very cautious with angles and throttle around wet islands and slow bends in the wet. Does anyone lean the bike over much in the wet? Obviously i'm aware of fuel spills etc, but will the tyres take it or am I likely to bin it? Is it best to keep the bike as upright as possible?

I am fairly confident on a dry road when doing it, but feel very wary of grip levels in the wet - particularly with the weight transfer to the outside of the tyre.
    Biker

its no use asking anyone on here bazza , when its cloudy , the bikes a wrapped up nice and cozy in the garage , SO , " riding in the wet " just gorra be a little more gentle on the throttle and tip it in a little more slowly , modern day tyres will grip like shit too a blanket , years of technology / developement have gon e into there manufacture , in guarentee if ANY racer got on your bike they would easily get there knee down on your bike in the pouring rain( and you aint even mentioned what tyres you have on ) just needs a bit of confidence. ( oh and being fully comp helps calm the nerves a bit . Smile )
    wackjonny
    wackjonny
    4 Lids,VIP Member!
    4 Lids,VIP Member!

Post  wackjonny Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:01 am

I ride in the rain......!

Not a choice I really want but sometimes ya got no choice..!

:Rain
    shaunthesheep
    shaunthesheep
    Most Valued Member
    Most Valued Member

Post  shaunthesheep Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:13 am

wackjonny wrote:I ride in the rain......!

Not a choice I really want but sometimes ya got no choice..!

:Rain

gizza kiss Flowers at Door
    gazzette
    gazzette
    CBT Wobbler
    CBT Wobbler

A question riding a motorbike in the rain Empty HELLO THERE

Post  gazzette Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:56 am

Just past my test,every lesson was in the rain,i look forward to some sunshine.
    shaunthesheep
    shaunthesheep
    Most Valued Member
    Most Valued Member

Post  shaunthesheep Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:28 am

gazzette wrote:Just past my test,every lesson was in the rain,i look forward to some sunshine.

GAZZETTE !! you'll have a f**king long wait then Shocked
    EllieCat
    EllieCat
    Soon be popping Wheelies
    Soon be popping Wheelies

Attitude : 7

Post  EllieCat Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:53 am

I passed my test 15 months ago, and every single lesson, and my test was in the blistering heat...Not sure which is worse TBH... Biker
    shaunthesheep
    shaunthesheep
    Most Valued Member
    Most Valued Member

Post  shaunthesheep Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:14 am

EllieCat wrote:I passed my test 15 months ago, and every single lesson, and my test was in the blistering heat...Not sure which is worse TBH... Biker

with me / its the " blistering heat " can't stand it . . recon the ideal temp is around 60-65f . . no highter

riding in rain aint too bad , went down local bike cafe yesterday ( with the mrs riding her bike , for a change , shes had shoulder trouble ) was raining when we started off , still give it a " bit " round the twistie bits .

was worth while going . mrs bought me ( and herself ) a giant full English ( extra toast ) awesome . belly was bursting .
    EllieCat
    EllieCat
    Soon be popping Wheelies
    Soon be popping Wheelies

Attitude : 7

Post  EllieCat Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:59 am

went down local bike cafe yesterday

Which one is that?? Is it worth a rideout to it one day when we're looking for somewhere new to go?? Biker
    shaunthesheep
    shaunthesheep
    Most Valued Member
    Most Valued Member

Post  shaunthesheep Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:04 am

EllieCat wrote:
    went down local bike cafe yesterday

Which one is that?? Is it worth a rideout to it one day when we're looking for somewhere new to go?? Biker

WELL ! lookin at your profile thingy ( underneath yer piccy ) you come from " lincs "

where i live is " west midlands " ( dudley )

cafe' i go too is in shrophire ( bridgenorth )

now i recon its gorra be a 200 - 220 ml round trip . be great too have you along though .
    shaunthesheep
    shaunthesheep
    Most Valued Member
    Most Valued Member

Post  shaunthesheep Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:08 am

just incase . ya get the inclination .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    wackjonny
    wackjonny
    4 Lids,VIP Member!
    4 Lids,VIP Member!

A question riding a motorbike in the rain Empty :)

Post  wackjonny Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:35 am

A question riding a motorbike in the rain OriginalImageDisplay

Dancing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:01 pm