Motorcycle Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Motorcycle Forum

Welcome & Enjoy Yamaha Kawasaki BMW Honda Suzuki Ducati KTM

Latest topics

» When the first Whirlpool Duet album was released in December 2001
Is this true about the UK..? EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 5:56 pm by Guest

» FFS THIS IS A BIKER FORUM
Is this true about the UK..? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 4:24 pm by scorps

» WJ , , , , , , , ,
Is this true about the UK..? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 7:05 am by Jaeger

» Thieving f*ck*r Jaeger
Is this true about the UK..? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 1:26 pm by Jaeger

» A New Standby forum for us
Is this true about the UK..? EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:40 pm by Jaeger

» Thanks all for your time and effort.
Is this true about the UK..? EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 12:46 am by weasel64

» well done that man
Is this true about the UK..? EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 5:01 am by Binky

» HAS WHACKJONNY DESERTED THE SINKING SHIP????
Is this true about the UK..? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:28 am by Binky

» Wackjonny Birthday Wishes
Is this true about the UK..? EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:30 am by Binky

» Norton .......Two brothers restore their father's motorbike and surprise him.
Is this true about the UK..? EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 12:39 pm by weasel64

» FUNKIN WING WONG
Is this true about the UK..? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 2:01 am by Binky

» HEY GIRLS ! WANNA SEE A PUPPY? THEN COME OVER TOO MY PLACE ( dirty snigger)
Is this true about the UK..? EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 2:26 pm by shaunthesheep

» CHATTING BIRDS UP ON HERE
Is this true about the UK..? EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 2:22 pm by shaunthesheep

» I am losing the plot
Is this true about the UK..? EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 3:49 am by Jaeger

» WELL BUGGER ME BACKWARDS !!!!!!!
Is this true about the UK..? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 10:36 am by shaunthesheep

» HEY YA FAT C**T
Is this true about the UK..? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 5:22 am by wackjonny

» hey STS let me know
Is this true about the UK..? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 4:36 am by Binky

» how to make a fortune
Is this true about the UK..? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 5:35 am by Binky

» pets names
Is this true about the UK..? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 5:30 am by Binky

» cracking race
Is this true about the UK..? EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 3:31 am by Binky

Navigation

motorcycle news

Welcome to Motorcycle Newbies, The Biker Forum

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+6
sugarbear
firestormmike2342
shaunthesheep
gazzette
wackjonny
gary2112
10 posters

Is this true about the UK..?

gary2112
    Piss Pot Rider
    Piss Pot Rider

Attitude : 1

Is this true about the UK..? Empty Is this true about the UK..?

Post  gary2112 Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:14 pm

Hey there. Gary here from the SuzukiB-king.org forum. Just curious if it's true that in the UK, it's the norm to be able to filter through traffic on a motorcycle while in the city or otherwise heavy traffic? Here in Canada in some provinces you'd have your bike seized for doing it, and at the very least pulled over and given a h-u-g-e fine for reckless driving. It seems to me to make sense to be able to traffic filter, but was curious. Thanks.
    wackjonny
    wackjonny
    4 Lids,VIP Member!
    4 Lids,VIP Member!

Attitude : 2

Is this true about the UK..? Empty Canadian gary2112 Over The Pond

Post  wackjonny Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:46 pm

Hello and welcome.

Is that true,in Canada you cant Filter through traffic?

WTF I would like to see that text in the Canadian Highway code.
    gazzette
    gazzette
    CBT Wobbler
    CBT Wobbler

Is this true about the UK..? Empty Re: Is this true about the UK..?

Post  gazzette Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:34 am

Hi Gary welcome our first over seas member.

Idea
    shaunthesheep
    shaunthesheep
    Most Valued Member
    Most Valued Member

Post  shaunthesheep Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:55 am

gary2112 wrote:Hey there. Gary here from the SuzukiB-king.org forum. Just curious if it's true that in the UK, it's the norm to be able to filter through traffic on a motorcycle while in the city or otherwise heavy traffic? Here in Canada in some provinces you'd have your bike seized for doing it, and at the very least pulled over and given a h-u-g-e fine for reckless driving. It seems to me to make sense to be able to traffic filter, but was curious. Thanks.

Hell gaz !! we can do anythin in good old blighty , speed , filter , wheelie , burnouts , endo's / filter at speed up the motorway ( freeway ) / have noisey cans / ect ect . . the " bill " just turn a blind eye over here , indeed they seem to encorage it ! why ! only last year or so at the local bike meet , the cops had gave us the benifit of out own " safety helecopter " no shitt mate ! its true
    you should reallly live over here , cant imagine living in a place like Canada , ya know ! open roads , nature , beatufull scenery , clean air , high standard of living , ect ect

must be a right bummer having the USofA hanging off her rear end though , still , ya have the best comedy in the world EVER ( trailer park boys ) ( got all 7 series on DVD ) and ya like " RUSH " ( hence yer username 2112 ) so things aint too bad for ya

WELCOM ABOARD , youll love it here

oh ! am the TPB's doing another series ??
    firestormmike2342
    firestormmike2342
    CBT Wobbler
    CBT Wobbler

Post  firestormmike2342 Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:48 am

Hello Gary,what the temperature there in Canada?
    Post some picture of your bike and the surrounding areas you ride.
    Cheers
    wazzer
    sugarbear
    sugarbear
    Piss Pot Rider
    Piss Pot Rider

Attitude : 3

Post  sugarbear Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:52 am

hi gazza
    Laughing
    julanza
    julanza
    Piss Pot Rider
    Piss Pot Rider

Post  julanza Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:17 am

hiya gary hows it hanging?

Dancing
    gary2112
    Piss Pot Rider
    Piss Pot Rider

Post  gary2112 Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:40 am

Hi folks. Oh it's true about not being able to do that in Canada. In Ontario in fact they call it "stunt driving" and will seize your bike for a minimum period, charge you a $1000 fine on the spot and put all kinds of demerit points on your license. The other thing is that automobile drivers take SERIOUS offense to it, deliberately cutting you off and blasting their horns angrily at you if you slip through.

As for the Trailer Park Boys, my wife went to school with Robb Wells and John Tremblay, and until a couple of years ago I used to live about 200 feet from the set in Nova Scotia. Although the series is over I don't think you've seen the last of them. Robb and John are very much like their characters Ricky and Julian in person actually. The show isn't much of a stretch for them!

Below is a pic of my Bike, the B-king. The temperature here is hovering around -2 degrees celsius. In Quebec, there are exactly 10 days left of legal motorcycling until they are effectively banned from the roads until April 15th. There's no text in the law banning bikes directly, but banning vehicles without snow tires. Since no manufacturer in the world makes them for bikes, they are effectively banned. So, the B-king is winterized and in the toasty garage sitting on some high-pile carpet to keep the tires safe.

As for the areas I ride, although the scenery in Quebec is great, there are few roads enjoyable to traverse given the fact they are all falling apart, rife with potholes, fissures and crumbling asphalt. The government here is corrupt beyond all reason, and the rest of Canada stays out of it because the French folk constantly threaten separation. They still, 200+ years after the fact still h-a-t-e the British for handing them their ass on a platter on the plains of Abraham. Ohh, how they dislike english speakers here. I make it a point never to speak french though as I like to drive home the fact that while the English speaking population in Canada gets along perfectly well anywhere, they do not have the luxury of always being able to speak French, even here in their home province. English is the language of business across the globe, and that's that.

Is this true about the UK..? Bike1210
    wackjonny
    wackjonny
    4 Lids,VIP Member!
    4 Lids,VIP Member!

Post  wackjonny Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:57 am

Geez Gary,nice post.
    I am really surprised to read your thread pot holes poor roads!

A few points.

1.automobile drivers take SERIOUS offense to it, deliberately cutting you off and blasting their horns angrily at you if you slip through.

WTF would that be English speaking Canadians or the French or both?

2.Quebec, there are exactly 10 days left of legal motorcycling until they are effectively banned from the roads until April 15th.

I take it you pay road tax WTF is that all about,what about folk that need the bike to get to work?

3.Ohh, how they dislike english speakers here.

WTF Again dislike English speakers in Canada..........? I would make every effort to make sure the people around heard me speak in my native tongue.

4.They still, 200+ years after the fact still h-a-t-e the British.

pretty much the same as the French in the EU,anything don't go there was strikes,protest all kinds of BS.

5. Canadian Government is corrupt Was the most shocking for me, Canada aint Russia,Budapest,Ukraine,Poland, Latvia or any of the other Easter European block country's so I am very surprised to hear you say the things you have.

All said and done love the bike,tidy bit of kit there,
    Ride safe.........What few days you have left.

Yes sir
    gary2112
    Piss Pot Rider
    Piss Pot Rider

Post  gary2112 Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:59 am

Hey there wackjonny.

Well, the poor roads are only in the province of Quebec. This province is the only French speaking province in Canada. (80% french, and the 20% english are all tightly packed in the city of Montreal) It's only this province (we have the Federal Government that is Canada wide, and each province has it's own provincial legislature).

There is a political party in Quebec called the Parti Quebecois, and their goal is to separate French quebec from the rest of Canada and make it it's own country. Already it is ILLEGAL to post signs in English within Quebec, it is illegal for people who move here to send their children to english speaking schools, all products in stores must have the french labeling facing outwards, and if they have their way soon no english TV broadcasts or Radio shows will be allowed to be picked up by Cable service providers or stations within the province. Like bloody Nazi's they are. They even have a bill on the table that would prevent DAYCARE/KINDERGARTEN workers from addressing English children in their mother tongue.

It is only the provincial government in Quebec that is absolutely corrupt, involved with organized crime deeply seeded in the construction industry and it's very evident in the crumbling infrastructure here. The federal government leaves them alone because they fear separation and what it would do to the national economy. As such the corruption runs unchecked in this province.And it's driven by those who hate the Anglo population, and even foreign individuals who speak French. They only approve of what they call 'pure wool' french, meaning white, Quebec born people with two french speaking parents, who have not picked up English as a second language.

As for the road tax, we pay it. We also pay $1400.00 dollars per year to register our bikes (About 800 pounds I think is the equivalent). If you try to filter through traffic it's everywhere that auto drivers get angry.

Anyway, I guess politics are complex everywhere. Technically speaking, Queen Elizabeth is still our official head of state, and her Governor General still has absolute power over our Parliament. Please, drop by Buckingham palace and have her modify our constitution such that provinces are not allowed to separate from the union except by her consent. Maybe Quebec will become a little easier to live in! lol..
    wackjonny
    wackjonny
    4 Lids,VIP Member!
    4 Lids,VIP Member!

Post  wackjonny Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:11 am

I suppose I should be shocked,having said that I am a little SHOCKED.......... but the UK TV Media here newspapers and so forth big up how wealthy Canada and the USA are.
    I myself only know too well living in the USA for 6 years,every one thinks the roads are paved with gold.
    I myself seen so much poverty in the USA.
    It is pretty much the same here when all the Pakistanis Indians Easter European folk come over to live saying its not what i expected,they expected more.

Man that pisses me off and the British folk more than anything in the world,we are a welcoming country looking at stats you wouldn't believe how many over seas visitors we have claiming political asylum.
    All I ask is respect my country if you don't like it f*ckoff.

Anyway lets back to talking about bikes,never a good topic,money,politics,religion.
    scantdoor
    scantdoor
    Piss Pot Rider
    Piss Pot Rider

Attitude : 0

Is this true about the UK..? Empty Yo Gaz

Post  scantdoor Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:29 pm

gary2112 wrote:Hi folks. Oh it's true about not being able to do that in Canada. In Ontario in fact they call it "stunt driving" and will seize your bike for a minimum period, charge you a $1000 fine on the spot and put all kinds of demerit points on your license. The other thing is that automobile drivers take SERIOUS offense to it, deliberately cutting you off and blasting their horns angrily at you if you slip through.

As for the Trailer Park Boys, my wife went to school with Robb Wells and John Tremblay, and until a couple of years ago I used to live about 200 feet from the set in Nova Scotia. Although the series is over I don't think you've seen the last of them. Robb and John are very much like their characters Ricky and Julian in person actually. The show isn't much of a stretch for them!

Below is a pic of my Bike, the B-king. The temperature here is hovering around -2 degrees celsius. In Quebec, there are exactly 10 days left of legal motorcycling until they are effectively banned from the roads until April 15th. There's no text in the law banning bikes directly, but banning vehicles without snow tires. Since no manufacturer in the world makes them for bikes, they are effectively banned. So, the B-king is winterized and in the toasty garage sitting on some high-pile carpet to keep the tires safe.

As for the areas I ride, although the scenery in Quebec is great, there are few roads enjoyable to traverse given the fact they are all falling apart, rife with potholes, fissures and crumbling asphalt. The government here is corrupt beyond all reason, and the rest of Canada stays out of it because the French folk constantly threaten separation. They still, 200+ years after the fact still h-a-t-e the British for handing them their ass on a platter on the plains of Abraham. Ohh, how they dislike english speakers here. I make it a point never to speak french though as I like to drive home the fact that while the English speaking population in Canada gets along perfectly well anywhere, they do not have the luxury of always being able to speak French, even here in their home province. English is the language of business across the globe, and that's that. Welcome to the site. i am a member of the same one as you and also have a black King. Welcome

Is this true about the UK..? Bike1210
    scantdoor
    scantdoor
    Piss Pot Rider
    Piss Pot Rider

Is this true about the UK..? Empty B King .org

Post  scantdoor Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:31 pm

Welcome to the site. I am also amember of the B-King site.

Welcome.

Scan
    wackjonny
    wackjonny
    4 Lids,VIP Member!
    4 Lids,VIP Member!

Post  wackjonny Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm

Im gonna buy one of these.

Is this true about the UK..? B-KING1_450
    wackjonny
    wackjonny
    4 Lids,VIP Member!
    4 Lids,VIP Member!

Post  wackjonny Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:38 pm

scant that tyre on the front looks fat,what size is it.
    ??????????
    scorps
    scorps
    CBT Wobbler
    CBT Wobbler

Post  scorps Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:10 pm

I am liking the look of that bike a lot gary, welcome aboard Idea
    gary2112
    Piss Pot Rider
    Piss Pot Rider

Post  gary2112 Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:44 pm

That second pic I believe is the B-king prototype, which the prod model is based upon. I do love the bike guys, it's really a treat to drive and it's the fastest thing going to 0-60mph in stock form.
    scantdoor
    scantdoor
    Piss Pot Rider
    Piss Pot Rider

Is this true about the UK..? Empty Tyre size

Post  scantdoor Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:28 pm

Front tyre fairly standard. The rear is a 200.
    Have to say the B-King is one fast bike. Petrol consumption not the best if you give it a bit of speed. Fuel tank ony 3 gall dose not get you far.

Regards
    sideways
    sideways
    Piss Pot Rider
    Piss Pot Rider

Is this true about the UK..? Empty New sign up from Oregon. USA

Post  sideways Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:07 pm

B King owner signing in for the first time. I live in So. Oregon on the west coast and we have some of the finest riding roads in America. Hope to visit your country some fine day. I am of Scot/Cherokee lineage. Looking forward to talking with you fellas. Very Happy
    julanza
    julanza
    Piss Pot Rider
    Piss Pot Rider

Post  julanza Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:41 pm

Where to start,hello all you over seas members.

I'm on early shift today at work so just a quick hello to all the new across the pond members.

Must say the B-king looks sweet.
    wackjonny
    wackjonny
    4 Lids,VIP Member!
    4 Lids,VIP Member!

Is this true about the UK..? Empty Suzuki GB: B-King motorcycle microsite. The ultimate street bike.

Post  wackjonny Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:55 pm

Must confess I do like the look of this one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    wackjonny
    wackjonny
    4 Lids,VIP Member!
    4 Lids,VIP Member!

Is this true about the UK..? Empty Suzuki B-King Road ride

Post  wackjonny Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:19 am

Here ya go guys UK'S Riding roads more twist and turns than a racing track,pitty the sun wasn't shinning.

gary2112
    Piss Pot Rider
    Piss Pot Rider

Post  gary2112 Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:15 am

Hmm.. only problem is he's driving on the wrong side of the road...lol
    shaunthesheep
    shaunthesheep
    Most Valued Member
    Most Valued Member

Post  shaunthesheep Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:35 am

gary2112 wrote:Hmm.. only problem is he's driving on the wrong side of the road...lol

i thought that , and im English
    wackjonny
    wackjonny
    4 Lids,VIP Member!
    4 Lids,VIP Member!

Is this true about the UK..? Empty Gary did you know

Post  wackjonny Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:38 am

In the early years of English colonisation North America/Canada drove on the left!

Bet ya didn't know that...?

Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 12:13 am