Motorcycle Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Motorcycle Forum

Welcome & Enjoy Yamaha Kawasaki BMW Honda Suzuki Ducati KTM

Latest topics

» When the first Whirlpool Duet album was released in December 2001
What would cause my bike to idle but die as soon as you rev it up? EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 5:56 pm by Guest

» FFS THIS IS A BIKER FORUM
What would cause my bike to idle but die as soon as you rev it up? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 4:24 pm by scorps

» WJ , , , , , , , ,
What would cause my bike to idle but die as soon as you rev it up? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 7:05 am by Jaeger

» Thieving f*ck*r Jaeger
What would cause my bike to idle but die as soon as you rev it up? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 1:26 pm by Jaeger

» A New Standby forum for us
What would cause my bike to idle but die as soon as you rev it up? EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:40 pm by Jaeger

» Thanks all for your time and effort.
What would cause my bike to idle but die as soon as you rev it up? EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 12:46 am by weasel64

» well done that man
What would cause my bike to idle but die as soon as you rev it up? EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 5:01 am by Binky

» HAS WHACKJONNY DESERTED THE SINKING SHIP????
What would cause my bike to idle but die as soon as you rev it up? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:28 am by Binky

» Wackjonny Birthday Wishes
What would cause my bike to idle but die as soon as you rev it up? EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:30 am by Binky

» Norton .......Two brothers restore their father's motorbike and surprise him.
What would cause my bike to idle but die as soon as you rev it up? EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 12:39 pm by weasel64

» FUNKIN WING WONG
What would cause my bike to idle but die as soon as you rev it up? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 2:01 am by Binky

» HEY GIRLS ! WANNA SEE A PUPPY? THEN COME OVER TOO MY PLACE ( dirty snigger)
What would cause my bike to idle but die as soon as you rev it up? EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 2:26 pm by shaunthesheep

» CHATTING BIRDS UP ON HERE
What would cause my bike to idle but die as soon as you rev it up? EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 2:22 pm by shaunthesheep

» I am losing the plot
What would cause my bike to idle but die as soon as you rev it up? EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 3:49 am by Jaeger

» WELL BUGGER ME BACKWARDS !!!!!!!
What would cause my bike to idle but die as soon as you rev it up? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 10:36 am by shaunthesheep

» HEY YA FAT C**T
What would cause my bike to idle but die as soon as you rev it up? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 5:22 am by wackjonny

» hey STS let me know
What would cause my bike to idle but die as soon as you rev it up? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 4:36 am by Binky

» how to make a fortune
What would cause my bike to idle but die as soon as you rev it up? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 5:35 am by Binky

» pets names
What would cause my bike to idle but die as soon as you rev it up? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 5:30 am by Binky

» cracking race
What would cause my bike to idle but die as soon as you rev it up? EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 3:31 am by Binky

Navigation

motorcycle news

Welcome to Motorcycle Newbies, The Biker Forum

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

4 posters

What would cause my bike to idle but die as soon as you rev it up?

julanza
    julanza
    Piss Pot Rider
    Piss Pot Rider

Attitude : 1

What would cause my bike to idle but die as soon as you rev it up? Empty What would cause my bike to idle but die as soon as you rev it up?

Post  julanza Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:20 am

This has only happened recently as soon as I fire it up all is well,after I pull back on the throttle it just dies,I have checked and cleaned the carb but this still happens.

I must leave it to run for at least 10 minutes before I am able to go anywhere.
    shaunthesheep
    shaunthesheep
    Most Valued Member
    Most Valued Member

What would cause my bike to idle but die as soon as you rev it up? Empty Re: What would cause my bike to idle but die as soon as you rev it up?

Post  shaunthesheep Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:47 am

Julanza wrote:This has only happened recently as soon as I fire it up all is well,after I pull back on the throttle it just dies,I have checked and cleaned the carb but this still happens.

I must leave it to run for at least 10 minutes before I am able to go anywhere.

could be several reasons

what id do ( seen as you might be having new bike in the spring ) DONT spend money on it now , just start it 10 MINS before you normally would
    julanza
    julanza
    Piss Pot Rider
    Piss Pot Rider

What would cause my bike to idle but die as soon as you rev it up? Empty Re: What would cause my bike to idle but die as soon as you rev it up?

Post  julanza Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:51 am

Well that's a good thought,never thought of that,trade in is worth just a mere £800.
    Thanks for the tip,maybe a little dishonest but I suppose the dealers are just as bad.
    shaunthesheep
    shaunthesheep
    Most Valued Member
    Most Valued Member

Post  shaunthesheep Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:53 am

Julanza wrote:Well that's a good thought,never thought of that,trade in is worth just a mere £800.
    Thanks for the tip,maybe a little dishonest but I suppose the dealers are just as bad.

hell they are for sure , dont worry about " cheating em " they'll fix it for f*ck all in there workshop , once part - ex .
    dog eat dog d00d , bollocks too em , certainly wouldnt spend any money on it .
    julanza
    julanza
    Piss Pot Rider
    Piss Pot Rider

Post  julanza Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:57 am

Thankyou for advice! I have given you a thank vote.
    Must get back and do a little work as logged in on works computer.
    shaunthesheep
    shaunthesheep
    Most Valued Member
    Most Valued Member

Post  shaunthesheep Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:04 am

Julanza wrote:Thankyou for advice! I have given you a thank vote.
    Must get back and do a little work as logged in on works computer.

just made a spag-bol . . awesome Dancing
    zx10bazza
    zx10bazza
    CBT Wobbler
    CBT Wobbler

Attitude : -1

What would cause my bike to idle but die as soon as you rev it up? Empty Possible air leak someplace, bad reeds????

Post  zx10bazza Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:48 am

Possible air leak someplace, bad reeds???? Sart by tightening/checking the carb boot clamps and the bolts that attach the reed valve assembly to the cylinder. next check to make sure the cylinder bolts are tight and torqued to spec. You can also check the left side crank seal behind the flywheel. Look for damp spots or some seapage. You might not see anything at all but the crank seal could be leaking air into the crankcase causeing the idle to wander all over the place.
    wackjonny
    wackjonny
    4 Lids,VIP Member!
    4 Lids,VIP Member!

Attitude : 2

Post  wackjonny Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:59 am

Julanza I would do as STS Says.! Kin ell cant believe I said that.

Don't spend any money on it,crank it up take it for trade in and get ya new bike.............as said that's easy to fix at the workshop.
    shaunthesheep
    shaunthesheep
    Most Valued Member
    Most Valued Member

Post  shaunthesheep Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:01 am

wackjonny wrote:Julanza I would do as STS Says.! Kin ell cant believe I said that.

Don't spend any money on it,crank it up take it for trade in and get ya new bike.............as said that's easy to fix at the workshop.

spot on Bow
    julanza
    julanza
    Piss Pot Rider
    Piss Pot Rider

Post  julanza Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:23 am

Thankyou for the advise dually noted.

Stroke slap head

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:45 am